Sunday, September 13, 2009

IKEALIZED!



BEARD ST, Brooklyn.

I went to IKEA Brooklyn today. It was a mayhem there. Oh, yes, it was Saturday, which I should have realized before I left home. But it was all good, because I LOVE observing energetic consumers and their behaviors. So, today's trip to IKEA was very much productive.

I can name at least 10 of my friends whose favorite line is "I LOVE IKEA!" So, as I was walking through aisles, I was trying to figure out what exactly it is that makes them say that. And, I came up with my own understanding of it.


IKEA democratizes the idea of upgrading life. Owning and living with stylish and beautiful furniture means, to a lot of us, certain degree of accomplishment in life and IKEA has made it easier for wider range of people to feel the accomplishment.

By the time I was walking out of IKEA, I realized this;

IKEA does not simply sell home furnishing goods.
IKEA sells everyone a ticket to their ideal life at a discounted price.


And, I will call it IKEAlization. ha!






Biz Info:
IKEA Brooklyn
1 Beard Street
Brooklyn, NY 11231
Store Hours: 10am - 9pm daily
Restaurant Hours: 9:30am - 8:30pm daily
Phone: 718.246.IKEA (4532)

No comments:

Post a Comment